Associate of Science | Certificate Online Medical Assisting Programs
No Application Fee
Complete the form to learn more about Point University online programs.
Faith- Based Education
Flexible Online Courses
Transfer- Friendly Programs
Excel in the Evolving Healthcare Field
Point University’s associate degree in medical assisting is offered entirely online with a hands-on clinical externship experience. The program’s comprehensive curriculum is designed to help students develop foundational knowledge in human anatomy and physiology, medical terminology and patient safety.
For those looking to enter the field in one year or less, Point University offers a 27-credit hour, financial aid eligible certificate in medical assisting. This program, which includes on-ground clinical externship experiences, educates students in medical terminology, systems, procedures and ethics. Graduates can transfer their credits toward Point’s associate degree in medical assisting and then toward the bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration.
About Point University
Point University offers a variety of programs at varying degree levels to equip the next generation of Christian leaders. Gain the practical skills needed to succeed as a Christian leader no matter what career path you may choose.
- Point University was ranked the No. 9 Best Online Christian College in 2021 by Bible College Online
- Plexuss ranked Point University the No. 23 Best College in Georgia Offering Health Professions Programs in 2021
- Online students receive almost 40% off the regular, on-campus tuition rate
- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) accredits all programs from Point University
- 97% of Point University students are awarded financial aid
Online Medical Assisting Programs
With an emphasis on medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology and medical coding and billing, our online programs prepare students to make an immediate impact assisting doctors and nurses with administrative, technical and clinical duties.
61 CREDIT HOURS; 2 YEARS; $410 COST PER CREDIT
Make a difference in the growing healthcare field with a medical assisting degree. Our program equips students with the skills they need to efficiently support patients, processes and procedures.
27 CREDIT HOURS; 1 YEAR; $410 COST PER CREDIT
Point University’s financial aid eligible Medical Assisting Certificate program immerses students in a variety of topics including medical terminology, systems, procedures and ethics, so they can operate both the clinical and administrative side of a healthcare organization.
Comprehensive Knowledge of Healthcare
Choosing one of Point University’s medical degree and certificate programs gives you greater expertise in:
- Medical systems
- Insurance coding and claims procedures
- Professional communication
- Leadership and management for healthcare settings
- HIPAA and other federal regulations
- ICD and CPT medical coding and billing
Online Learning with Point University
As an online student, you’ll receive the same education as our on-campus students delivered in a unique online learning environment. In addition to close interactions with faculty and fellow students, you can count on the dedicated support of admissions advisors, enrollment counselors and career services.
In these programs, students will learn to make an immediate impact by developing the following skills:
- Employ appropriate medical terminology to communicate with office personnel, physicians and other medical staff
- Utilize technology to document patient medical records and maintain patient privacy according to HIPAA and other federal regulations
- Master front-office functions, including medical coding and billing and insurance coding
- Pursue post-program certification, such as the Certified Medical Assistant credential from the National Center for Competency Testing
Careers in Healthcare
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, healthcare occupations are projected to add over 2.3 million new positions through 2030.1 Every healthcare provider and healthcare organization requires the support of knowledgeable staff in order to provide the best possible patient care and outcomes.
Seven Roles for Medical Program Graduates
Upon completion of your degree or certificate program from Point University, you’ll have skills that can be immediately applied to the healthcare field through roles at medical facilities and in remote positions.
Popular roles in healthcare include:*
- Clerical and Medical Billing Specialist
- Medical Coder
- Medical Records Coordinator
- Medical Office Manager
- Clinical Coding Specialist
- Radiologic and MRI Technologists
- Pharmacy or Medical Technician
*Some roles may require additional training or certification.
Learn More Today!Get Started